~'Untitled Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)

Go down 
+7
Word
own
Poke' Master
Force
Windrider
Titanoboa
Rorschach
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Empty
PostSubject: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 pm

On February 27, at 7:00 PM EST (00:00 GMT*), there will be a CTF tournament for any interested clans.

Flagcaps are worth 4, core dumps 1, mass suicides illegal, holes legal.

There are four servers, graciously hosted by Obsi:

-=CTF Tournament Callisto=-
-=CTF Tournament Europa=-
-=CTF Tournament Ganymede=-
-=CTF Tournament Io=-

The last server, Io, is the Lounge. Participating teams are required to sign in on the Io server by 6:45 PM EST (11:45 PM GMT, or 23:45 GMT, on Feb. 27).

* This is midnight, so, technically, this means that this is 00:00 GMT on February 28th. However, what I mean by this is that it's after 23:59 on the 27th. If you have any questions or confusion about this, ask me. Additionally, you could use this resource for calculating time changes to see what I mean.

Back to top Go down
Titanoboa

Titanoboa

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm

I'll probably be a free agent unless it collides with any Ww event (if I can make it home in time for the tourney).

So yeah, any team will be cool as long as the tag doesn't make me look fat. Test me if you must. I can play def, attack, midfield and i'm a decent goalie.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:25 pm

titanoob this is obviously a tennis tournament there are no goalies in tennis.

and by free agent do you mean you will try to get a ww team signed up or you would be willing to play for a team that will sign up?
Back to top Go down
Force

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 am

ID team will play!
Back to top Go down
Poke' Master

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

_~R~_ signing up!
Back to top Go down
own

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm

DTT will come
Back to top Go down
Word

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 am

finally, we have enough players for ctf again :)
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:04 am

Sweet! Imma set up the brackets. This tournament is double-elimination.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:50 pm

For some reason it won't format it correctly, but you get the picture.

The seeds were randomized according to the sequence generator at http://www.random.org/. The numbers were given by the alphabetical order of the clan (i.e., DTT was 1, ID was 2, Pru was 3, _~R~_ was 4, and ~'U. was 5) and then placed in a randomly-generated sequence for seed allocation.

Good luck everybody. Clan leaders meet me in Io by fifteen minutes prior to the match beginning. Everybody else hunker down in one of the other servers. I'll keep you posted from there once I get my Sprite and donuts.

Code:
TOURNAMENT BRACKETS PEOPLE OMGWTFBBQ

DTT -----
            Loser  \
              to    --------\
              A    /          |
          Pru  -----          |
                      Loser  |
~'U.-----              to    |---------\
  Loser  \              D    |          |
    to    ---------          |          |
    B    /  Loser \          |          |
ID ------      to  ---------/  Loser  |
              C  /                to E  |---------
          _~R~_----          if first | WINNER |
                                  loss  |        |
                    (D) -----\        |        |
(A) -----                    |          |        |--------
        \                    |---------/        | WINNAR
          ---------          |                  |
        /        \          |                  |
(B) -----          ---------/          (E) -----
                  /                    (If needed)
          (C) -----
Back to top Go down
Word

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:20 am

who won?

congratulations :)

here are some things i'd improve; please take my advice as friendly.

• the tourney lasted about 5 hours, that's too long. Try to set the limit_rounds to something like 9999 and reduce it to 1 match, but with a limit_score of 100. There's no point in letting every team decide if it's best of 3 or first to 3 imo...
  • the tourney was very late/early for us Europeans. Please use the ladle times as orientation.
  • Also, set the user_level of the team leaders to something higher than 8 so we can lock, the /op command isn't needed then and it saves you time.
  • Do something about the many subs...I don't know exactly what. Maybe you need better rules. Some players were asked to play for another team while they didn't play for their own one. When I said "you can't be part of 2 teams at the same time" hiro said I don't make the rules February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_rolleyes
  • the servers had too few slots, they were full all the time and it wasn't easy for teams to get together
  • maybe that's contradicting, but please, get moderators who tell the specs to use /team and silence spectators who don't do so (hiro for example tried to troll us during the 2nd dtt match)
  • make reasonable decisions about servers. when one team is already complete, just send the other one to this server; you don't need to send both teams to a different one.
  • make sure you know more about time conversion so you don't misinform us ;)
  • please add the servers to the brackets...if you did so already, I'm sorry I couldn't figure it out from Rorschach's post

@hiro: next time, don't behave so childish. I know what you said in /team about me. if you did that because you hate losing, don't play at all.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:40 am

Word wrote:
who won?

congratulations :)
-=}ID<. Congratulations to them and all who participated! (Not to mention survived through the myriad problems that occurred…)

Word wrote:
here are some things i'd improve; please take my advice as friendly.
It is so taken. I do wish to say that I admire everybody's patience. This was my first time trying something like this.

Word wrote:
the tourney lasted about 5 hours, that's too long. Try to set the limit_rounds to something like 9999 and reduce it to 1 match, but with a limit_score of 100. There's no point in letting every team decide if it's best of 3 or first to 3 imo...
Originally I had intended for it to be first to 3, but due to the numerous complaints I received, I changed it after the first round. That was my fault. ([understatement] In retrospect, having a best out of 5 plus a double-elimination scheme was not the best of ideas. [/understatement])

Word wrote:
the tourney was very late/early for us Europeans. Please use the ladle times as orientation.
I thought I did. I'll have to look more into that.

Word wrote:
Also, set the user_level of the team leaders to something higher than 8 so we can lock, the /op command isn't needed then and it saves you time.
They will be so set.

Word wrote:
Do something about the many subs...I don't know exactly what. Maybe you need better rules. Some players were asked to play for another team while they didn't play for their own one. When I said "you can't be part of 2 teams at the same time" hiro said I don't make the rules February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_rolleyes
I'm open to suggestions (and more admins!) to try and manage this one.

Word wrote:
the servers had too few slots, they were full all the time and it wasn't easy for teams to get together
I tried to get that fixed, but except for Callisto, it did not work.

Word wrote:
maybe that's contradicting, but please, get moderators who tell the specs to use /team and silence spectators who don't do so (hiro for example tried to troll us during the 2nd dtt match)
How do you mean "contradicting"?

Word wrote:
make reasonable decisions about servers. when one team is already complete, just send the other one to this server; you don't need to send both teams to a different one.
I'll try to do better on that one next time.

Word wrote:
make sure you know more about time conversion so you don't misinform us ;)
How do you mean?

Word wrote:
please add the servers to the brackets...if you did so already, I'm sorry I couldn't figure it out from Rorschach's post
Will do.

This goes for anybody: If you'd be interested in having another tournament (most definitely implementing the lessons learned from the failures of this one), please do let me know. I'll have to look into Ww's scheduled events though (apparently there was something planned by them for today [anybody mind explaining this to me]? I don't play TR2N so I'm not active on the forums there) to see what dates they have/want.

Once again: Congratulations -=}ID<, thank you everybody for participating and sticking this through, and I do apologize for the problems. I will do my best to correct them for future tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Word

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am

Rorschach wrote:
Word wrote:
maybe that's contradicting, but please, get moderators who tell the specs to use /team and silence spectators who don't do so (hiro for example tried to troll us during the 2nd dtt match)
How do you mean "contradicting"?
Word wrote:
the servers had too few slots, they were full all the time and it wasn't easy for teams to get together
maybe contradicting because i have nothing against spectators, but I don't like people who insult me while I play - lol ok not contradicting at all...

and now that I know it: gz ID :)
Back to top Go down
Camaro

Camaro

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 pm

[quote="Rorschach"][quote="Word"]
Word wrote:

Word wrote:
Also, set the user_level of the team leaders to something higher than 8 so we can lock, the /op command isn't needed then and it saves you time.
They will be so set.

naw that doesnt need to be changed but them longggggggggggggg matches are boring
Back to top Go down
https://uclan.darkbb.com
Word

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 am

why not? it saves time...and you don't need referees everywhere

it requires more self-organization, but it worked well for the past ladles
Back to top Go down
Anarchy

Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 pm

was this the first?
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 pm

this was very early in our clan history when
1 All servers were hosted by one person (obsi)
2 It was completely run and setup by U
3 It was quite chaotic and unorganized..
I'd say we have come pretty damn far
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 am

lol this one was almost 2 years ago?, I did not even play ctf yet
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Tru wrote:
lol this one was almost 2 years ago?, I did not even play ctf yet

baby tru, dawwww <3
Back to top Go down
Anarchy

Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:10 pm

was this the first ctf tourney? is what i meant wind
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:54 pm

oh hmmm well yes then i believe it might be
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:28 pm

not first, you forget about ww tourneys (when I did not even know about tron < babby tru (c) marsh)
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 pm

ww tourneys started circa 6 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:16 pm

i meant first for U
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 am

we know thats what u meant, not anarchy
Back to top Go down
Anarchy

Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 pm

oh ok cool ty you both for your inputs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)   February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February 27 CTFT (CTF Tournament)
Page 1 of 1