HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How did you first hear about armagetron?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
regedit
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:56 am

Read in local newspaper that students were expelled for downloading computer game onto the school computer. Made a big fuss about whether such a punishment was justified... blah ... blah ... blah. Looked it up and found armagetron.

And yh, it was a slow news day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lil B

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 am

haha very interesting Smiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:51 am

saw a friend playing the game at school and he got me interested in it

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 pm

my cousin was playin it (toasty toast)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:03 pm

we used to have lan battles in our libarary so thats how i heard about it, group of friends, untill our school started banning it and made anything that had armagetron not able to open the page (i'd always find it from looking up beta) but always get in trouble for playing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Number3

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 pm

I saw a bunch of kids playing in study hall, looked fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zavage

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:10 pm

laugh i think this is gonna be one of oldest stories here... tongue i know im pretty old.... !!!

i was joining as a trainee in a consultancy for becoming a MSCE. That was... i guess that happened back in 2004... that was a very old tron version!!!!!

and all the trainees were not only training in MCSE literature but also in Armagetron... in our breaks... and coffe time.

I liked that game a lot. We installed one windows Server 2000 with a server version and started playing in our LAN network...

years passed. i went out of from that enterprise... i forgot the game's name.... out of school as an Informatics Engineer... worked... worked... worked.. etc etc...

then the Tron Legacy movie appeared in 2010!!! and i was... tron... that thing looks like that little game with the lightcycle bikes.... laugh

so one night i was dreaming about that lightcycles and i just remembered the name!!!!! Armatron or so... i googled it and there it was...

"did you mean Armagetron?"

and here i am as a trainee tronner again dance5

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:15 pm

hahaha, thats the best story ive heard so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 pm

haha wow yeah that is a pretty cool story

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear about armagetron?   

Back to top Go down

How did you first hear about armagetron?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1