Gftis' Insensitivity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I am upset! I don't know what to do.

For the past 4-5 years I have asked for an Xbox 360 from Santa... Then I learned he was a fake! My heart was crushed, anyway; currently I am still wanting an Xbox 360 for this upcoming Christmas! My parents let me down though, last Christmas they told me if I get straight A's for my report card all the way through 8th grade, than I would get an Xbox... One year later I go over to my friends to play Black Ops on the Xbox because I am Xbox-less.

They tell me that I play too much video games, they ideally want me to play for an hour a day but i play 2-3.5hours a day. They don't approve. It bugs me. I also left Tron for that period of time so I could convince them I wouldn't play video games. I went no video games for a whole month. (I'm an addict.) I also left other games I played and they still don't believe me! (The other reason I left was because I was applying to Boarding Schools)

What can I do to convince them that I good boy who deserves Xbox 360! I've even tried paying for it!!! BUT they won't let me. Any recommendations as to my hope of attaining an Xbox 360 for X-mas and having my parents get it for me?

Gftis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Welcome to my life, gftis.
My question is, are you letting your anger get the best of you/can your parents obvi see your pissed?
If so, thats a problem.
If you lose control of your anger over video games, parents see that as a reason for you not to get it.
I too have been in your position, trust me. I believe Wind has been in it as well, so he can prolly try to help.
What you need to do is keep reminding them that you want it, but when they say no, say oh well, and move on.
What helped my parents was doing extra chores around the house along with good grades.
I would say, "If I edge the bushes, would that help my chances at getting an xbox 360?"
They said, "No. But it'd be nice if you did them anyways" and I would say ok and do them
After a week or two of doing this, I got what I wanted.
The big point was my complete and total control, no anger whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:53 pm

I saved up and bought mine on my own.. They can't argue then because 1. Its your money 2 just agree to play video games the same amount as u usually do

Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:54 am

Windrider wrote:
I saved up and bought mine on my own.. They can't argue then because 1. Its your money 2 just agree to play video games the same amount as u usually do

They wont believe i'll play the same amount (1 hour)

Gftis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks Marshy, I'll keep that in mind!

Gftis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 am

Honestly, just comply to their demands for a while. once you get the xbox, then you can be more lenient
if they say you cant play, just argue that everyday you dont play, you're wasting money
since my family is like lower-middle class, wasting money is like poison, so that worked like a charm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am

But first i need the Xbox. Sad

Gftis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axis

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm

My suggestion would be turning to a life of petty crime. First secure the income to finance your gaming addiction, then start doing cocaine. Your parents will likely be all caught up with trying to get you off the smack. So when you are off of the blow, alive and only slightly Hep b positive, playing excessive video games will seem tame in comparison.

Just remember: You must make them realize it is all a matter of perspective. You could still be on blow.

or get a part time job. There is that... for the less ambitious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Coke would be hard to find here.. i live in a town with less than 2500 people... yippe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phillip

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Gftis wrote:
Coke would be hard to find here.. i live in a town with less than 2500 people... yippe!
i live in a outside a town with around 3500 people and coke along with many other drugs is very easy to find, almost on every corner
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frelancers.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gftis' Insensitivity   

Back to top Go down

Gftis' Insensitivity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~'Untitled Clan  :: ~'Untitled Clan. :: Chat-
Jump to: