~'Untitled Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Graphics Card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Graphics Card   Graphics Card Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 am

I could probably ask my dad this, but he would think that it would be silly to buy a graphics card for a game
Anyways I have a Dell Windows XP Home Edition 2000 and it has the graphics card it came with, but I'm stuck with extremely low fps with that..
Any recommendations for a cheap but good graphics card that would be better?

EDIT: Im on a $50 budget, but I can go a little over if needed
Back to top Go down
regedit
Clan Member
Clan Member

Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card   Graphics Card Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:37 am

I'm not the best for help relating to this but the following links could help you out:
http://whatgfx.co.uk/
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/fastest-graphics-card-radeon-geforce,review-32335-2.html

Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card   Graphics Card Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

you might also want to look into buying more RAM which will make things run faster in general
Back to top Go down
zavage

zavage

Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card   Graphics Card Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 am

Hi. As they said toms hardware rocks on benchmarks and it would give you the top of graphics. Basically i would recommend two brands: ati radeons or nvidia quadro or geforces. These two are very good graphic cards. I got one hp elitebook 8540w and it has embedded an nvidia quadro so it runs very well. I also got another pc and it has a "generic" card from msi with ati radeon chipset. First of all you need to check out your computer an see what fits in. For example in the past i assemble a pc with a gigabyte MB and a voodoo banshee for graphics. It was agp. Now days almost all new pcs are pci xpress 1 or 2 and x16 format. So you have to check under the hood Smiley checkout amazone and look for graphic cards from gigabyte, xfx, asus or msi. All these are good MB makers and do good job in graphics... But if u can look for a legacy ati or nvidia. The ram is a must also (for pc) and try to get a gaming card with at least 256MB (its embedded ram in the card).
Take care Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphics Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card   Graphics Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~'Untitled Clan  :: ~'Untitled Clan. :: Chat-
Jump to: