Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Ok ok ok so I'm sure there are some good stories out there
Im curious

How and or why did you get your tron name? and does it have any significance?

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:31 pm

How about you start then hmmmm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Mine was a typo, it was supposed to be Gifts, instead it was Gftis and it stuck. cool story huh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
childofblood

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:42 pm

My name came from a horror story I read long ago. It was about a young girl who was brutally murdered in her bedroom while reading a book. From then on, whenever someone moved into the house, she would kill the new residents and paint her room red with the blood.

... Slightly more gruesome than my previous answer, but anything to make Wind happy, no?

Last edited by childofblood on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Cousin played as toasty toast cause he was eating toast
i was eating a marshmallow poptart
we just had a discussion about how words should be spelled how they are pronounced
like doritos should be Duritos because no one says "door-ee-toes" but "durr-ee-toes"
so i was marshmellow (from the poptart) with an "e" because no one says "mall-oh" at the end
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

When I was a kid I loved Zelda
My signature is from the zelda game "windwaker"
I always imagined that link could ride the wind and thus the name Windrider
Later someone pointed out that I was from Chicago the "windycity"
and I was like PERFECT :D

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:03 pm

3 my lucky number
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 am

Number3 wrote:
3 my lucky number

favorite

Uh i couldn't think of a name so i opened up my ipod (which had like 4000 songs or something a little more than that i belive) and i just hit shuffle until i thot a cool name popped up and a song came up to anarchy-x so i added some style to it and it became Anarchy~X.... but i don't like using this name with tags mostly because of the X and it kinda bugs me to just put Anarchy so i often have different names in clans... previously i was Death. and idk i like how Forbidden sounds...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 am

so once i got over my srsly poor noob stage where i was super bad i figured i should get a new name cause people wouldnt let me play cause i was horrible

came upon sexybeast it stuck although jesus was a close second

you were respawned by jesus kinda funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zavage

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 am

My nickname zavage:

i used to play basketball at the Univesity. And i loved to play it a little rude. Thats why some friends started to tell me "Salvaje" which in english means "Savage"
also ... my second last name (here in mexico we have 2 last names: parent and mother... women do not change their lastnames) is Zavalza is a weird last name from Spain... then some friends that called me with my last name zavalza combined it with savage and started to tell me Zavage... Smiley

The nick "chico esclavo" is something that i inventend recently....

@ my work there is a guy thats is the younger from all engineers... he is finishing school this year so we started to talk to him as chico... but our boss is treating him like a slave sometimes so...

the time that i found Armagetron again... we started to play in LAN afterwork ocassionally and one day someone refered as him as a "chico esclavo" (slave kid) .... in a joke manner i put the name on playing on LAN and one day i found you could play online through internet with all of you people....

so... i started playing as "chico esclavo"....

the very first time i entered the Wild West servers as "chico esclavo" many people liked the name .... and .NbK.The Master started to teach me the objective of CTF.

i still remember many people putting me messages like this: "Aprendiendo???" which means... "learning?"

...Z

(sorry for any typos) im still... learning and pollishing my english
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 am

zavage wrote:
(sorry for any typos) im still... learning and pollishing my english

ha if i even tried to type in spanish half of it wouldn't make sense.. so gj...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:55 am

mine is ihptru and it comes from another universe (yes another one...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm

sexy: i wish jesus would respawn me Sad or vice versa.

zavage: i read the perfectly, no worries :D I like "zavage: a lot! And Im glad nbk.master is helping u out, hes a good guy

Tru: there are no other universes. stop filling these kids' heads with lies! (What other universes? O.O)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zavage

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

ty for your comments Smiley

your names r also very unique! i like them also

i think they go well with the way you play... SO DAMN GOOD....

U r really what the word TEAM means!

Smiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axis

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Axis originally came from axis-mundi which roughly means the world axis, from buddhist spiritualism; not - as some have asked - from any affiliation or respect for the WWII axis powers. It was intriguing and it stuck. It turned to Axisn't after someone asked me as "Axis" if I was "ax" a short-form of my name. I thought it was clever and just changed my name to Axisn't, instead of replying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:32 am

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:45 pm

MY TURN KHEREIGO

So I'll go through all my old names that I remember

First was Scream, I got the name as a reference to my display name on another game, but before that i got the name from the movie.
Then I was LOLMatt for a while orignating from the Machinima series Pre-game Lobby on youtube, and then someone decided they liked the LOL prefix of my name and made it into a clan-tag of people that i considered to be undesireables at the time.. so i dropped that name
Then I became alucarD, this name i had picked up from a Batman cartoon movie..(You wouldn't believe how many people don't get it..) the one with Dracula as he used alucard as a covert trollface to everyone, and this was the name that i first started tronning under clan tags with, I was alucarD~NW for a while, but after some time in that clan it began to fall apart, I left shortly after Zurd. Zurd went to Ww and i followed him there a very short while later after mentioning to compguygene that I would like to be part of Ww.(This was before a lot of the members that I joined to play with became inactive. This was back with Ww Sumo was the only US Sumo server that anyone played in.)
So I joined Ww for the CTFS division, and ended up playing for almost every division lol, im pretty strong all around CTF CTFS DF and Sumo, and for a while there Fort but i lost it...
So about 6 months after joining Ww I became Lawliet, which some of you know as a reference to the Death Note anime, the most incredible anime I've ever watched. Second only to MAYBE Code Geass. Lawliet is the main antagonist of the show. Since i already turned this into a my-tron-history-thread ima keep going kthx
after a year of Ww i left for a few particular reasons, first off, destiny is a kind person, but she doesnt know when to just ignore people, spook is pretty much what tore the original ww clan apart lol.. spook and force used to both be Ww and during fort practice one night force was messing aroudn and really pissed spook off, sppok got butthurt and force decided to leave the clan, so did spook. spook went to vcl and force went to id. later on spook would be offered a spot back in ww by destiny but he would basically say fuck that and ignore it. vcl trolled spook a bit and he got butthurt and went back to ww. people started going inactive because of real life stuff, several players left. i left because ww was very inactive and i spent all my time playing with vcl guys so if i call taz a bitch its k he knows what it is XD

but, if your new to the game, or werent in vcl ww or id when all that shit went down, you probably have no idea what happened or why/how/what it caused lol,

ID creator gave VCL taz an ID forum admin password, VCL taz gave it to VCL rajin, VCL rajin messed up the ID site, all this shit blew up, ID is butthurt; VCL dont know nothin; and im in VCL teamspeak getting called a spy for destiny by liz because she's is a paranoid even with all the drama those were the days dance1 dance3 dance4 dance5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

i feel like someone should make a tron history drama so we can turn this into a tv show later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 am

that explains so much lawl. i always wondered about the clan drama...
i was a Ww wannabe for most of my tron life so I only knew that stuff, but now I know the rest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 pm

yeah whole bunch of drama, lol, maybe i can find my resignation post on ww forums, spook was so butthurt but its k cuz i countered his arguement easymode
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

DOUBLE POST because what is edit button?

i found it, http://www.lagtest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=3936
props to zurd for letting me get in the last word, he unlocked the topic so i could get the last reply haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Mmm quite a story you got there lawl

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:11 pm

one thing that bothers me atm is, i cant find my post to enter Ww, lol, actually on second thought theres a pm i sent that should have the dates on it.. trying to find, the date i got into Ww, lol

About my post
Sent: Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm
To: ~Destiny~

Sorry if you found my sudden resignation to be upsetting. However this decision was very spontaneous. Sorry if you found my outburst toward Spook to be questioning your judgment. Believe me I think it's fair to give second chances if the situation validates a call for one. It just * me off that he would be so furious as to leave the clan because of his issue with force and throw an opportunity to rejoin back at you. THEN after being * off by Taz, he goes back to Ww and has the audacity to make a statement about loyalty to broken?

I really haven't liked spook very much since that incident. If i may, why was he so determined to make me feel bad about my decision? Its not one i took lightly. But he was so bent on making me feel like my decision was a bad one that he only gave justification to my insight.

Other questions i have are why was i removed from the usergroup before i quit the clan. It would've been understandable if I was wearing the v tags and then i was removed. But hah i was removed almost as if they were sure i wasn't coming back. Any ideas as to this?

Anyway as I stated I don't want to leave this clan with many enemies. Obviously someone will hate me for this but I don't want it to end angrily. So On my behalf, not all actions displayed by the v clan are my opinion. And not all my actions represent the opinion of the Velocity clan. I hope that we can still be friends though our subordinates may not agree with each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: About my post
Sent: Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm
by ~Destiny~

I removed you from the clan section because I had heard from 9 different ppl that you had quit the clan and was joining VcL. Given the history with VcL and given the fact that you never said anything to me, I was concerned that you were going to show VcL all of the stuff in our member section.

Spook is upset because we have lost a lot of members in the last week. And part of it was you and broken were both posting in the member section like you were planning to stay and build the clan back up and then boom you both quit.

I can understand since you play with VcL all the time why you would want to be in their clan, but at the same time, I'm hurt that you are leaving Ww during a time when we need to rally and build it back up. The remaining clan members have decided to stay and rebuild Ww in arma. Despite the rampant rumors flying, Ww is not dying.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as I'm concerned at this point, arguing whether or not Ww is alive or dead is a moot point. It may not be dead, but its certainly lacking the percentile of skilled players on the grid that it once hoarded. Older players know that there was a point in time where, Ww had teams that dominated all game modes.

More to come..

Last edited by Lawliet on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:23 pm

"Rorschach" is a reference to the character from Watchmen.

Sometimes I also play under "Mastodon", which is in reference to the band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:30 pm

A Last Request...
Sent: Thu May 13, 2010 10:12 pm
To: Shaf JimDaAsian Dimitrio Caramel neal RAM Doom subliminal Minxy wa3yri Monkey D. Luffy ender lifechurch.tv hyp3r Kira CodeRed Negative Rudycantfail 2tickets2heaven raph Neo_the_real_1 Monk Usefull Flux Rebel Levi Xenoob Prestige

As I stated in my resignation, I don't want to leave this clan with any enemies. Obviously someone will hate me for this but I don't want it to end angrily. So, on my behalf, not all actions displayed by the v clan are my opinion. And not all my actions represent the opinion of the Velocity clan. I hope that we can still be friends though our subordinates may not agree with each other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: A Last Request...
Sent: Fri May 14, 2010 7:48 am
by neal

why didnt you send this to dest or spook.. hes really the only one who has a beef with you now....
honstly i think its your desicion and its good for people to broaden thei horizons and to always be on the lookout for a better home (although this is the best home anyone can ask for imo)
gl with velocity man

Sent: Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 pm
by alucarD

Thanks, I sent this to destiny, in fact i sent more than just this. As far as Spook. I haven't liked him since the first time he left and returned and on top of that, I'm not negotiating with someone so hostile or sensitive to the situation. I hope you can understand. I'm sure you've been in a situation at one time or another with someone who doesn't care what you say, what they think is right is all they care about and nothing can change that to them. In this situation that's spook.

Sent: Thu May 13, 2010 10:14 pm
by Rudycantfail

LOL this sounds like a buisness contract almost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Significance of your tron name   

Back to top Go down

Significance of your tron name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next