The Riddle Game

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Ok I'll start. I'll post a riddle of some sort and if someone gets the answer then they are next to post a riddle. If no one gets the riddle within a week I will post the answer!

You are walking on a path and come upon two similar doors with two guards, each standing in front of a door. One door leads to hell and the other to heaven. You can ask only one question to the guards. One of the guards will tell you a lie and the other will tell you the truth. What question would u ask to get to the door that leads you to heaven?
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:29 pm

"Which would he say the door to heaven is?"
You basically force the liar to lie twice and then use that information to ascertain which the incorrect door is.

Some guy invites seven people over for his birthday. He thinks that only three people are going to show, so he cuts the cake into four. Unfortunately, everybody shows up, so there are eight people. How can he turn the four slices of cake into eight using just one cut?

Last edited by Rorschach on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added riddle.)
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:32 pm

yeah congrats!
They would both point to the door that leads to hell. So you could know which door is heaven! You post a riddle ror
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 am

stake all the pieces on top of each other and cut down the middle making eight identical slices

what runs but never walks has a bed but never sleeps and has a mouth but never eats
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 am

sexybeast wrote:
stake all the pieces on top of each other and cut down the middle making eight identical slices
That wasn't what I was going for…but that works. I was going for one horizontal slice of the cake.

Are you going to be an engineer? Because that was an epic engineer-type answer. Consider my hat tipped to you on that one.

Quote :
what runs but never walks has a bed but never sleeps and has a mouth but never eats
A river.

OK, new riddle time.

You are in a room where is a ping-pong ball in a small metal tube, with only a fraction of a millimeter's clearance on any side. You have a popsicle stick, some string, and a rubber band. You can only use whatever is in the room to get the ping-pong ball out of the tube. How do you do it?
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

/me breaks the metal tube with the rubber band
Are you allowed to break the tube =0?
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Windrider1018 wrote:
/me breaks the metal tube with the rubber band
Are you allowed to break the tube =0?
No. While the tube is thin, a rubber band is not of sufficient strength to visibly deform or break the metal tube.
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 pm

could you shoot the popsicle stick with the rubber band into the ping pong ball and knock it out

and yes ror i am going to be an engineer

hence why i cant spell
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Rorschach wrote:
I was going for one horizontal slice of the cake.

well then not everyone would get the same amount of frosting and that doesnt seem fair
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:38 pm

sexybeast wrote:
could you shoot the popsicle stick with the rubber band into the ping pong ball and knock it out
No. You'd have to urinate in the tube (since you're in the room, your body and associated stuff is fair game) and wait for the ping-pong ball to float out.

Somebody else do one.
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 pm

how do you light a fire when all you have is a pile of wood and a book.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Well the book is obviously a survival guide, and the answer to your question is located within the pages of said book cheers I win!
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 am

obviously thats a fail
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Wind, think about what kind of book it could be. (Sexy told me the answer earlier; therefore, I recuse myself from actively
participating in this iteration of the riddle game.)
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 pm

i told you that you could come up with one as this is kinda unfair
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 am

Alright alright heres a riddle that will send you guys nuts, or you'll get it in three seconds...

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

try that

Az
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Gftis wrote:
Alright alright heres a riddle that will send you guys nuts, or you'll get it in three seconds...

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

try that

Az
"I will go to prison for six years."
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Ror you amaze me, your turn!

--Az
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:58 pm

A man is found dead, hanging from a rafter in a room. There is no chair in sight, nor could he have tied the rope off and hung himself without something to stand on. The carpeting on the floor is strangely soaked. How did he do it?
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:01 am

I know I know I know! I saw and got this riddle I just forget gimme a day
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 am

my teacher told me the answer 5 years ago >.< is it:

idk, did he hang himself upside down then the room was flooded and killed him? idk

another one?
Back to top Go down
regedit
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm

The water is from a block of ice (apon which he was standing) which has melted
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Nice Reggie!!! YOur turn make a riddle :D
Back to top Go down
regedit
Clan Member
Clan Member

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 am

you could probably find the awnser to this by googling it but its not that hard, so challenge yourself... although its not much of a challenge:

Paul is 20 years old in 1980, but only 15 years old in 1985. How is this possible?
Back to top Go down
Gftis
Clan Member
Clan Member
Gftis

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:14 am

It was B.C. To A.D

Some else do a riddle I like solving them :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Riddle Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Riddle Game   The Riddle Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Riddle Game
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next