~'Untitled Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How it is boring to play! Organised matches

Go down 
+6
Number3
Windrider
Darren
adobe
sexybeast
Tru
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

How it is boring to play! Organised matches Empty
PostSubject: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 am

Before asking for special people I would like to ask you what do you think about automatically organised CTF matches?

I start this topic because it becomes so boring to play with random noobs in team.
Fort players have really advanced automatic system of match organisation over irc. I tried to play this and this is really comfortable.
It works easy... you just send !add fort4.eu (as example) and you are added to a list of fort match 4vs4 and when 8 players are added bot generates captains and team members automatically. You can send !remove fort4.eu if you have to go anywhere.
It is a small example. Other information you can find here: http://ta.gd/aapickup

What do you think about such system for ctf?
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 pm

how often would the matches be and that kind of thing
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 am

if enough people are there it can happen even every 20-30 minutes, this system depends on number of players ready to play.
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm

i feel like it would be hard to get enough players online at one time but it could work
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 pm

I dont see another way when I join in euro time wild west ctf. If you know not a lot of people from europe know how to play ctf and after 5-15 minutes I just leave that "stupid server". That is why I want something better then spending time with such people in team and in another team.
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 am

others reply pls santa

ok I talked to Jip and he said it is not a pb to add ctf to this system
One thing I have to do is to host strong (I believe this will strong) server and we can start.

The last thing is to notify ctfers about this stuff
Back to top Go down
adobe

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 am

balls
Back to top Go down
adobe

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 am

and by balls i mean i'm fine with it
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:07 pm

thnx for the explanation adobe cause know one could understand that
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 pm

lol this would b cool
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 am

oh damn I almost forgot about this. It must be 0.3 server but ctf for 0.3 was not ready when I posted this. I will ask some one how it is going
Back to top Go down
Tru
Clan Member
Clan Member
Tru

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 am

Well, I have already set up a server based on trunk for tests.
I want to say that almost everything already works (respawning, flags, etc.), even playing is smother and I think it is nice. (btw recentely I've tried to play sumo server based on trunk and that was perfect. better then old 0.2.8)
there are only 2 problems (valuable and not really valuable)
not valuable is that if you own the flag, flag is late for your cycle. it is not usuall but playable
and big problem is /drop command is not programmed but maybe ready soon. As soon as it ready I think it will be possible to start this irc matches.

You also can try this server yourself, name is CTF trunk test
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Oh thats sick. How many of ~'U. ppl have played in a pick-up game before?
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:19 pm

me me me
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh cool was it sumo or fort?
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 am

its only been for ctf
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm

add fort4.eu!
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:07 pm

i hate fort its for da noobs
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Serious match so fun again another
100-98 match

How it is boring to play! Organised matches Tron_110

new settings are nice and make flag uber important
Back to top Go down
Number3

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Fun fun fun
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:43 pm

its either close or a blow out
proven by number3, sine.wav, limitless, pitch black, money hungry, compguygene, mr.free, and myself
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Marshmellow wrote:
its either close or a blow out
proven by number3, sine.wav, limitless, pitch black, money hungry, compguygene, mr.free, and myself

No no ~'u. just need to rejoin ~'us so you can get your skillz back :D
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 am

you sayin i lost mine???
Back to top Go down
sexybeast
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 am

yup they left you cause you left us
Back to top Go down
Marshmellow

Marshmellow

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:45 am

I didn't leave. I was kicked. Had I not been kicked, I would still be in ~'U.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How it is boring to play! Organised matches   How it is boring to play! Organised matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How it is boring to play! Organised matches
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next